The Day: March 21st, 2019
The Subject: Writing a book review article
(Please note the following transcript with magazine publisher Artie Cabrera has been heavily modified from its original dialogue for humorous purposes.)
Artie Cabrera: Chris, you want a job?
Me: What kind of job?
Artie: I want to make you a deal you can’t refuse.
Me: Okay, Godfather. What kind of deal?
Artie: I want to bring you into the magazine I’m putting together.
Me: Whoa. Really?
Artie: Yes. Suit up. We have to save the world.
Me: I’m READY!
Artie: Welcome aboard!
And that was I came to be involved in this new endeavor. Fast forward to mid-August when I submitted my article, “Top 10 Sci-Fi Books You Need to Read in 2019”, to Artie in preparation for publication and here we are! Take a look at what else is inside the magazine:
GRAVITY CITY DIGITAL MAGAZINE IS FINALLY HERE!
For a limited time, you can read it for free at www.gravitycitynews.com/magazine
- An interview with actor/writer Paul Sloan (Green Book), star of the Alice in Chains sci-fi video series Black Antenna.
- An interview with Samuel Peralta, creator of the best-selling Future Chronicles anthologies.
- An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Fractured FX, the practical FX studio behind Westworld, Aquaman, and Swamp Thing.
- Three sci-fi short stories written by Michael Ezell, Daniel Arthur Smith, Artie Cabrera and Christopher J. Valin.
- The Top 10 Sci-Fi Books You Need to Read in 2019 according to one of indie-publishing’s best book reviewers, Chris Fried
- Space Force: A word on what it all means by NASA insider, Terry R. Hill
- Keystroke Medium Podcast hosted by Lauren Moore and Kalene A. Williams featuring Artie Cabrera and Christopher J. Valin
Plus, you’ll find tons of zany fun and eye-popping artwork from some of the best sci-fi artists from around the world that you won’t soon forget. There’s nothing quite like Gravity City digital magazine, so don’t miss out!
Hmmm. I wonder. Which books did I pick to be the Top 10 Sci-Fi Books You Need to Read in 2019? Check out the free preview and make sure you subscribe at https://www.gravitycitynews.com to find out!
Also, just LOOK at this lineup of contributors here! I’m so fortunate to be in such distinguished company with so many talented creators, writers, storytellers, artists and podcasters!
Thank you to Artie Cabrera for the opportunity to be a part of this publishing adventure! I’ll also be contributing another article to the second issue of this magazine. From then on, the sky’s the limit!